Propolis organization is implementing several project, and volunteer is offered to take part on more of them. Concreet level of participation and tasks within the project have to be discussed with interested person before submitting the aplication for EVS.
- The Museum of Everyday Life: The Museum was opened in 2012 and consists of more or less permanent interactive displays and some space for temporary exhibitions that complement suitably the topic of everyday country life. We would like to renew the contents of the museum every year – both the interactive elements and temporary exhibitions.
- Educational projects about the history – The past by a game and Between the wires: The volunteer would assist in the preparation and implementation of educational projects for primary and secondary schools in the region.
- Craft and art courses: Due to the fact that our association is interested in crafts and trying to educate in this field, we would like to offer this possibility to the volunteer as well, as a part of volunteer´s self-education. Prior to volunteer´s arrival, the volunteer would choose a traditional Czech craft that volunteer would like to learn. We can arrange his participation in the course or internship with a craftsman who will teach him the basics of the craft and we will arrange continuing education during volunteer´s EVS. The volunteer will then be able to apply his craftsmanship during weekend events at the museum and adventure courses for students, where the volunteer himself/herself could teach children the basics of the craft.
Range of propsed activites is very wide, but there is a large space for autonomy and the volunteer choose in wich activties will take part and extent of participation according to own priorities.
The volunteers can learn:
- To focus on life in the Czech village (knowledge about the history, culture and social customs, priorities and objectives of the population, traditions)
- New teaching methods when working with children and youth – the specifics of working with children in the village
- One traditional Czech craft according to volunteer´s choice,
- Manual skills in seasonal work in the yard, garden, around the object, the running of community – cooking, cleaning, etc.
- How to organize cultural and social events
The example of tasks for single project is:
- The Museum of Everyday Life The volunteer, together with the coordinator of the Museum, would help to create playful elements for children, update graphical worksheets for children, manufacture requisites, help to install new transitional exhibitions, laminate and graphically edit captions to the exhibits and texts. We would like to enliven Museum by regular events – e.g. once in two months during the weekend we would like to organize an event for the public – families with children – on a specific topic related to crafts and history: a playful afternoon with craft and art workshops, talking about the topic, games, a short film etc. The volunteer would help to invent these events, to develop and implement them.
- Educational projects about the history Specifically, the help would include graphic design of materials, database updates and contacting schools, searches for interesting inspiration from abroad in the field of education on the history, looking for interesting historical documents and books, watching movies for the educational documentary film mini-festival Between the wires and participating in the selection of films. In addition, the work would include the production of posters, distributing them around, etc. During the educational weekend events about history for students, the volunteer would help with the preparation of the program, program implementation, including playing roles in experiential simulation games, photo documentation of the events.
- Craft and art courses After paging the training for selected craft(s), the volunteer will then be able to apply his craftsmanship during weekend events at the museum and adventure courses for students, where the volunteer himself/herself could teach children the basics of the craft. The volunteer will also be able to participate in craft and art courses as a participant, plus assist with the organization.
As it follows from the description of our organization, projects and activities in which the EVS volunteer is involved, we would like to welcome a young person who is: Sociable Volunteers will have privat space to spend free time. But they should be aware, that our association lives a community life. Although only the custodian family lives in the brewery, other members often come for a visit – we use the residential part together, cook, shop, spend time together (evenings) – by discussing. The house is also open for our friends, locals and there come workers building and reconstructing the brewery.
Seeking a rural environment This is an important aspect of the EVS volunteer. Given the fact that volunteer will spend a long time with us, volunteer will experience not only a very brisk and active summer full of events, but also a calm, and for someone dull, autumn and winter, when Chříč becomes a very quiet place, where nothing much happens at first glance. Besides the beautiful nature and the occasional cultural events, there is not the possibility to go the cinema, theatre or to visit exhibitions at anytime. The volunteer should expect that and be prepared for the rural way of life.
Volunteer should like silence, calm, space for himself/herself that this environment offers. Volunteers will have car at disposal to be able to reach other places arend (language course, free time leissure atc.) Therefore is very recomended that volunteer have a driving licence. Open to new things We try to vary our actions, invent new, not to get stuck in implementation of already running activities. The volunteer should be aware of this. It is also important to realize that people often interchange in the brewery, new people come and some things change during time according to the needs.
They dont have a special requiremts regarding education or skills. Important is only the will contribute to chosen activities of the asociation. Volunteers are chosen acording their expressed motivation and personal profile. Generally they prefer people interested in activities carried out by their organization or similar. In another perspective we welcome volunteers, who can bring something new to our activities. In the begginning we will ask volunteers to provide us with a CV and motivation letter. Volunteers who will match our project, will be asked to perform telephone or skype interview, which can happen again, if it will be neccessary. Volunteer will be also ofered to come and spend a shorter time in organization (e.g. weeked or a week) to see ale the conditions in natura. Final decision to accept chosen volunteer is done be broader comitee of organization.