From planting trees in Japan to organising an intercultural festival in Morocco, Xchange Scotland offers projects for all needs and all with minimal cost to the volunteer...
From Mexico to Mongolia, there are over 1500 diverse and exciting short term international volunteer projects to choose from. By being part of amazing networks - the Alliance and CCIVS - we are able to send volunteers to over 40 countries worldwide on international volunteer projects abroad. These partnerships mean that volunteer costs are kept to a minimum and that the projects are locally-led and are what the communities really need...
- How long: 2-4 weeks; longer projects available too
- Where: Over 40 countries worldwide - in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Americas
- Cost: £250 + transport to the project
- Project themes: Social, Environmental, Educational, Cultural, Construction, Archaeological...
- When: Throughout the year, but principally between May and October
- Who can apply: Anyone over 18; some projects available for under 18s too
If you are interested in a project for 2013, the first step is to contact us to find out about the application process.
For more information, check out our Project FAQs.
Looking for a longer opportunity? Xchange Scotland send volunteers on European Voluntary Service (EVS). This is a funded programme which enables young people (aged 18-30) to volunteer for up to 1 year overseas. For more information on this programme, go to our long-term projects page.
- How long: 3-12 months
- Where: Mainly European countries; although it is possible to go beyond Europe
- Cost: All costs covered by the programme
- Project themes: Social, Environmental, Educational, Cultural, Youth, Intercultural...
- When: Throughout the year - rolling application
- Who can apply: Anyone 18-30; some projects available for under 18s too