We have joined VINE UK which is an umbrella body of other UK-based International Volunteering organisations who share the same values.
The other organisations that are part of Vine UK are, Concordia, IVS North, UNA Exchange and VAP. Although all these organisations have shared values and take part in the same field of work, they are based in different parts of the UK. So, by bringing the groups together under Vine UK in a spirit of co-operation we hope to all become stronger.
Finally, thank you to everyone who helped with our Website Feedback. We appreciated all the comments and encouragement. The site will continue to develop over the coming months.
What is an International Volunteer Project?
- A group of volunteers from different countries working together for two-three weeks.
- A programme of meaningful work, organised by the local community.
- Projects include environmental, construction, archaeological work and activities with children, people with disabilities and elderly people. Also festivals and community arts activities.
- Volunteers usually live together as a group, working and spending their freetime together.
- Projects are offered in places, urban or rural, that you are unlikely to spend time in as a tourist or traveller.
- Volunteers pay a contribution up to £180 to the UK sending organisation for projects in Europe, North America and Japan/Korea, travel/insurance costs plus personal expenses. Food and accommodation are provided by the host community.
- For projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, the VINE members do not share the same system of fees. Volunteers pay a contribution of between £150-£200 and a similar amount to the partner organisation on arrival, travel/insurance costs plus personal expenses. Food and accommodation are provided by the host community.