Xchange Scotland is looking to recruit 2 volunteer participants to take part in an International training course ‘Agents of Change’ held from 29th September to 9th October 2018 in Chata Doubravka near Chotebor, Czech Republic. The training course is aiming to improve the leadership skills of its participants through self reflection. The Training course is organised by our partner organisations INEX-SDA (Czech Republic) and is fully funded by Erasmus+.
What is it?
The ‘Agents of change’ will combine elements of non-formal education, formal education and informal learning. The aim of this international training course is to improve the leadership skills of those with an experience or motivation to volunteer in an international environment or locally with youth groups. The training course will allow the participants to explore their own attitudes, approaches and inner motivation into international volunteering; improve and boost their practical leadership skills for working with groups and international volunteering projects; and will put participants’ volunteering experience into practice.
To support the participants own development, the trainers delivering the training course will work from a perspective which combines learning by experience with coaching. The training will allow the participants to explore, play and try out, so they can find their own conclusions. It will challenge participant’s perceptions, beliefs and assumptions to settle themselves as people and leaders. Due to this approach, which focuses highly on the personal background of the participants, it might be emotionally intensive. It is so as it aims to create an impactful and useful process, by focusing on what is relevant on the participants’ personal and professional life.
The training is there for people who want to work on themselves and therefore each participant is the creator of their own experience.
“I was challenged and thrown out of my comfort zone on a daily basis but I’ve learned so much about myself, my strengths and my weaknesses. This was one of the best and most useful training I have participated in and I am able to trust myself much more after it,“ says a participant of a Training Course ‘Agents of Change 1’ which took place in Hungary in spring 2018. You can read more about the experiences of our 3 Scottish participants in the ‘Agents of Change 1’ in Hungary here.
The training will:
– Reflect the role of leadership and explore your own attitudes, approach and inner motivation for your work with volunteering
– Improve and boost your practical skills (especially leading teams and projects) for working with groups and projects in volunteering;
– Put your experience into practice and multiply among your colleagues and target groups.
Please note that the programme of the training course will be full-on and that participants will be expected to take part in all programme activities.
Who can apply?
The training course is intended for participants, who:
– Are planning to lead a workcamp/International volunteering project (IVP)/International Youth Mobility project in 2018 and/or 2019. It is also suitable for those who are planning to mentor or lead a group(s) of young people in 2018 and/or 2019 locally (e.g. local youth work projects)
– The training course is suitable for people leading groups of young people in a range of informal settings and activities and youth workers
– Ideally have been to or are planning to go to regular workcamp leaders training
– Have participated in at least 1 workcamp/International volunteering project (IVP)/International Youth Mobility/youth group as participants, previous experiences with leading a workcamp/International volunteering project (IVP)/International Youth Mobility/youth group are welcome, but not required
– Are at least 18 years old and can communicate in English
– Are willing to work on their personal and professional development
– Are able to participate in the training course fully from the beginning till the end
– Will be travelling from and back to the UK
What to expect?
Apart from great fun and meeting new people from various countries, you should expect to explore and learn new practical leadership and group work skills. You should also expect to be actively engaged and contribute to all the programme activities. The training methodology used at this training course will stimulate participants to bring what is relevant for them and coming from their own culture. For the most parts of the training course, the trainers will use a theatrical setting: specific rooms settings, specific materials or music.
– You MUST participate from the start till the end of the training course, no late arrivals or early departures will be accepted
– There is a 50€ contribution fee that each participant is required to pay. However, if you are very interested in participating, but this fee is too high for you, please let us know and we will help you out.
– Apart from the contribution fee, the training course is fully-funded. This means that boarding, accommodation, materials and training content will be provided by the organiser at no cost to participants.
– The organiser will reimburse the travel costs of the participants after the completion of the training course up to the lump sum amounts according to Erasmus + rules (275€ for participants travelling from the UK).
– Xchange Scotland expects the selected participants to purchase any travel tickets by themselves. These will be then reimbursed up to the lump sum amount of 275€ directly directly by INEX-SDA to participant’s account after the completion of the training course and providing all travel receipts. However, if you are very interested in participating, but you are unable to purchase the travel tickets by yourself, please let us know and we will try to help you out.
How to apply?
Please download and carefully read the ‘Info for participants’ attached below. To apply, please fill in and submit this questionnaire by 8th August the latest. We will let you know if your application has been successful by 13th August. GOOD LUCK!
If you have any questions or are unsure whether you should apply, please contact Michaela at email@example.com Lenka at firstname.lastname@example.org.